Clinical Implications of Attachment Work – Discover How Your Attachment Style Affects The Clients You Serve
Discover how a therapist’s attachment style influences the dynamics of the therapeutic relationship, and learn proven techniques that establish safety and trust from the first session.
Who Should Attend “Clinical Implications of Attachment Work”
Whether you’re an accomplished clinician––or just starting out––you’ll come away with a better understanding of your own attachment style, so you can create a trusting therapeutic environment and foster stronger connections with clients.
This training is perfect for you, if you:
- Would like to gain a better understanding of your own attachment style, so you can create a safe therapeutic environment and foster stronger connections with clients, whether you work with individuals or couples.
- Are a newer therapist looking to improve your clinical skills by learning how to more effectively tune in to clients’ emotional and psychological states, so you can respond with greater attentiveness and compassion.
- Are already an accomplished clinician but want to know how to integrate additional attachment-based tools, techniques and strategies with existing modalities to work more effectively with both couples and individuals.
- Would like to strengthen your own secure attachment skills as a coach or healer, so you can accelerate the healing process for your clients from the first session.
Why Attend “Clinical Implications of Attachment Work”
It’s easy to say, “My client roster is full. That must mean I’m doing a good job taking care of my clients’ needs, right?”
But what if you could still improve your skills and provide even better support for your clients to truly make a bigger difference in their lives?
As therapists, we’re often so focused on helping others that we sometimes neglect our own personal growth.
When we examine our own wounds and vulnerabilities, we not only learn about ourselves, we also uncover insights that can lead to more effective and transformative breakthroughs for our clients.
If you know there’s more you could be doing to help your clients learn and grow, then Join Dr. Diane Poole Heller and Dr. David Wallin for this free live online event where they will explore an attachment-based approach that improves your understanding of the role the therapeutic relationship plays in your clients’ change process.
What You'll Learn During “Clinical Implications of Attachment Work”
As we help people heal, not only do we empower them to overcome their current challenges, we also equip them with the necessary tools to realize their full potential.
Attachment research has demonstrated that a secure bond with our early caregivers is crucial in shaping our emotional well-being and ability to form healthy relationships—similar to the objectives we hope to achieve in clinical sessions.
If a conscientious therapist and a loving parent have the same desired goals… then this suggests that the most effective therapy emulates early caregiving attachment dynamics, where the therapist plays a crucial role in supporting clients’ emotional regulation, resilience and self-healing.
This is a unique opportunity to learn directly from two renowned experts in the field of attachment and trauma healing, as Dr. Wallin shares real-life examples and insights from his almost four decades of clinical practice.
You’ll be introduced to a powerful attachment-based framework to strengthen your secure attachment skills and help you build a safe, trusting connection with your clients from the very first session.
Together, we’ll explore why (and how) your own attachment patterns and experiences can interfere with the healing process. Dr. Wallin will share real-life clinical examples, including practical tips and techniques you can apply immediately to your client sessions.
We’ve also set aside plenty of time at the end for Dr. Wallin to answer questions from the audience, live.
You'll also cover these three topics in more concrete detail:
- The Importance of Relationship in Clinical Practice: You’ll explore how the therapeutic relationship informs your clinical work, so you can move clients through their healing journey more effectively and efficiently.
- How to Recognize Challenges in Attachment Style Dynamics: Through real-life examples that explore the attachment style dynamics between therapist and client, Dr. Wallin will show you how to prevent your own patterns and experiences from interfering with the healing process.
- Ways to Strengthen Your Attunement and Support Secure Attachment: We’ll share strategies and a simple experiential exercise that will help you remain fully present with your clients, so you can foster secure attachment and strengthen the therapeutic relationship from the very first session.
Free Gift for Registrants
After you register, you'll get immediate access to the 95-page eBook: “Language for Attachment Styles”
By using language that is tailored to an individual’s attachment style, therapists can better communicate more effectively to strengthen the therapeutic relationship.
This practical guide equips therapists with accessible language and phrases specific to each attachment adaptation, empowering them to help clients strengthen secure attachment skills, re-build connections, and establish a safe and supportive environment.
- Includes 95 phrases you can integrate into clinical practice for all four attachment styles: secure, avoidant, ambivalent and disorganized.
- Help yourself and clients strengthen, support and restore innate secure attachment skills, so you can improve client outcomes.
About Your Facilitators
David Wallin, PhD, is a clinical psychologist in private practice in Berkeley, California.
A magna cum laude graduate of Harvard who received his doctorate from the Wright Institute in Berkeley, Dr. Wallin has been practicing, teaching, and writing about psychotherapy for nearly four decades.
Attachment in Psychotherapy, his most recent book, has been translated into more than a dozen languages. He is also co-author of Mapping the Terrain of the Heart: Passion, Tenderness, and the Capacity to Love.
Dr. Wallin has lectured on attachment and psychotherapy for clinicians in Australia, New Zealand, China, Europe, Canada, and throughout the United States. He is also a songwriter.
About Dr. Diane Poole Heller
Diane Poole Heller PhD, is an internationally recognized speaker, author, and teaching expert in the field of adult attachment theory and trauma resolution.
Her signature approach—DARe (Dynamic Attachment Re-patterning experience)—provides therapists and individuals with relevant skills and practical exercises that facilitate healing from attachment and trauma wounds.
Her work with adult attachment has forged a path for adults with childhood attachment injuries to develop Secure Attachment Skills (SAS) that lead to more connected and fulfilling adult relationships. Through various training programs, books, lectures and her own work as a clinical therapist, Dr. Heller has helped a countless number of people in their healing journey towards experiencing greater intimacy, wholeness and more fulfilling relationships.
She believes that when we heal ourselves first, we heal our families, our communities and the world as a whole.
🌟 Even if you can’t attend live… 🌟
Register now because you'll be able to get a copy of the recording afterwards.
Income Disclosure: No results are guaranteed. It's entirely possible you'll make absolutely no money from what you learn. Especially if you don't do anything with your training, which is unfortunately what some people do. Always do your own due diligence. And if you want to make the most of this possibility, take action, and we're confident that you'll make an even bigger difference in your future clients' lives. Who knows? You might just make a dollar… or many many more.
Affiliate Disclosure: We are grateful to be of service and bring you these life-changing events free of charge. In order to do this, please note that whenever you click the links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases we will receive a referral commission.
Your support in purchasing through these links makes it possible for people in over 150 countries globally to attend these live-changing events for free. Thank you! 🙂