The Spirit of SEL Symposium 2023
What if all children could be equipped with the intellectual, social, and emotional tools they need to successfully navigate this journey we call life?
And what if you could also feel centered, confident, and emotionally resourced as you hold space for your students to thrive?
Now is the time to make this vision a reality. It is, in fact, imperative.
Welcome to The Spirit of SEL Symposium!
↘️ Click Here To Register For Free ↙️
What You'll Learn During “The Spirit of SEL Symposium”
This informative and experiential event has been created specifically for teachers, counselors, and school administrators — to help you self-regulate emotionally, so that you can more effectively and compassionately create classrooms that vibrate with the gentle, grounded, yet authoritative energy your students need to excel in these tumultuous and uncertain times.
The goal is to revive the heartbeat of education — through an increase of connection, kindness, and love that supports conscious educators like you who can then emanate resilience and peace in the classroom…
… strengthening your own internal resources while calming your students, and soothing their trauma so that they can do their best work.
The Spirit of SEL Symposium offers you practical tools, such as quick-and-easy mindfulness exercises you can turn to during the day to help you stay calm and centered, preventing the burnout that can occur when your reserves are depleted.
You’ll also discover how proven SEL (social-emotional learning) techniques can not only improve EQ (emotional intelligence), but also quantifiable academic achievement outcomes for your students.
29 gifted speakers — including Bessel Van Der Kolk, Marianne Williamson, Ashanti Branch, Houston Kraft, Meena Srinivasan, Jamila Thomas, Ilana Nankin, PhD, Dr. Christopher Willard, and many others — will be supporting your teaching journey with simple yet powerful tools you can immediately apply in the classroom to create more peace, calm, stability, and centeredness for you and your students.
This inspiring lineup of thoughtfully selected SEL experts from around the world will offer you actionable insights, practices, and demonstrations…
… weaving together honest, inspiring conversations with leading-edge thought leaders in the transformational education space with experiential activities you can master right now.
Discussion Topics At The Spirit of SEL Symposium 2023
During this unparalleled 2-day gathering, you’ll discover:
- Tips on incorporating mindfulness self-care for teachers into your daily practice — and the neuroscience supporting mindfulness as a mechanism of positive change
- How the 3 doors of trust, surrender, and compassion can enhance alignment, harmony, joy, and grace in your day-to-day life
- The definition of a beloved learning community, and how to develop adult competencies and facilitation skills to make classrooms safe places for children to thrive
- The transformative impact of positive community building and behavior support on student engagement — leading to high student EQ (emotional intelligence) and academic achievement
- An exercise that can shift awareness and create conversations that invite students into the space of acceptance and inner light
- How teachers are currently being equipped through SEL (social-emotional learning) training to meet the unprecedented post-pandemic challenges experienced in the classroom
- And much more…
Embrace this opportunity to deep breath, replenish your soul after another trying year, and connect with others around the world who are on the same path.
You are not alone… you are part of a global community of teachers, counselors, and school administrators striving to educate and guide thoughtful, conscious, socially aware children into maturity as functional adults who are well prepared for life’s journey.
Featured Speaker Presentations During the Spirit of SEL Symposium
Here’s some of what our brilliant teachers will be sharing with you…
- Bessel Van Der Kolk will suggest how to befriend what is going on inside yourself so you can create safe connections with others to live a more meaningful, satisfying life
- Marianne Williamson will reveal how teachers can re-envision themselves as inspired conduits of love and miracle readiness for their students, classrooms, and schools
- Meena Srinivasan will focus on the importance of integrating transformative and adult SEL, mindfulness, and belonging into an evolved exploration of the work
- Houston Kraft will share practical tools and strategies to help improve classroom culture, campus compassion, and your daily personal routines
- Ilana Nankin, PhD, will outline the critical connection between educator wellbeing and student learning and mental health, plus steps for integrating transformative mind-body wellness and social-emotional practices into your daily life and teaching
- Ashanti Branch will model a safe space for engaging in an uncommonly open and honest dialogue designed to dismantle our masks — so we can close the gap between who we are on the inside and who we show up as out in the world
- Dr. Christopher Willard will explore how to build foundations for human resilience and post-traumatic growth using the tools of positive psychology, anthropology, neuroscience, emotional intelligence, and mindfulness
- Jamila Thomas will delve into the importance of leaders following regular self-care routines to reduce burnout and handle stress
- Alejandra Ramos Gómez will discuss integrating bilingual artistic approaches, culturally responsive practices, identity development, and social-emotional learning in formal and informal K-12 education settings
↘️ Click Here To Register For Free ↙️
Why You Should Attend the Spirit of SEL Symposium
One of the most challenging issues still facing teachers, counselors, and administrators who will soon be moving into the fourth year of COVID-impacted environments is the fact that many students are far behind in their scholastic skills.
It felt to many like the world fell apart over the past three years. And now it’s being rebuilt, which can be both exciting and daunting.
In light of all this, how do you motivate and encourage students to push through their trauma, ennui, and distraction so they can concentrate?
None of the old rules apply, which makes it increasingly difficult to figure out what will work best in the classroom as you grapple with the “new normal.”
Which is why NOW is the perfect time to create space and safety for emotional, mental, and physical stability — for you and your students — in a world that seems to be more and more dangerously complex.
To help you do that, we've gathered together a group of world-class thought leaders, visionaries, and change-makers for an online symposium experience that will expertly guide teachers, counselors, and school administrators like you at this critical point on your rapidly evolving path toward educational excellence.
Nurturing kids to be intellectually and emotionally functional when you’re stressed, overwhelmed, and busy has always been a monumental challenge… but now is an ordeal of mythic proportions!
So, what exactly does a rebuilt educational world look like… and how can you best contribute your talents and nurturing concern to ensure a successful outcome?
We’ve designed an event that will inspire and energize you by offering practical tools and plentiful resources for navigating this new educational frontier…
… while including best practices, actionable advice, effective tips, and optimal behavior strategies from trustworthy sources and renowned experts curated from the best-of-the-best in the educational space.
This inspiring collection of speakers, tools, and uplifting teaching stories — a veritable educator’s master toolbox of resources — will point the way to what is possible, providing you with a treasure trove of mindfulness techniques you can use in your classroom starting today!
The Spirit of SEL Symposium will provide you and your students with the tools you need to improve the emotional regulation of your classroom, leading to calmer nervous systems, wellbeing, and peace of mind for all.
About Your Host – Daniel Sunshine
Global innovator of human potential, and the founder of MindfulnessCertification.com, SEL For Education, and Responsive Intelligence™, all of which integrate innovation, mindfulness, social and emotional learning, and positive psychology to impact a multitude of schools and districts. He has been featured on NBC, CBS, NPR, and FOX, and will lead The Shift Network’s Responsive Intelligence 7-week course for teachers, trainers, and coaches launching in March of 2023.
↘️ Click Here To Register For Free ↙️
Frequently Asked Questions About the Spirit of SEL Symposium
How do I watch the Spirit of SEL Symposium?
Register here. Then watch your email each day for your access link.
Will the Spirit of SEL Symposium videos be downloadable?
No. They will only be available during the summit.
What if the broadcast is choppy or has other problems?
Pause the video for a full minute. Then un-pause the video. If your video completely freezes, try refreshing your browser. If neither of these solutions work, try closing and re-opening your browser or using a different browser.
Is the Spirit of SEL Symposium available with closed captioning?
Yes! Closed Captioning will be available on session recordings, which are typically posted within four hours after sessions initially air. Just hover your mouse over the video player to find the option.
Is the Spirit of SEL Symposium free to watch?
Yes. To learn more, register here.
Who is hosting the Spirit of SEL Symposium?
This year's summit is being hosted by Daniel Sunshine.
What is Social Emotional Learning (SEL)?
Social emotional learning (SEL) is a process by which individuals learn to recognize and manage their emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. In today's society, SEL is vitally important.
🌟 Even if you can’t attend live… 🌟
Register now because you'll be able to get a copy of the recording afterwards.
Affiliate Disclosure: We are grateful to be of service and bring you these life-changing events free of charge. In order to do this, please note that whenever you click the links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases we will receive a referral commission.
Your support in purchasing through these links makes it possible for people in over 150 countries globally to attend these live-changing events for free. Thank you! 🙂