15 Affirmations To Help You Overcome Anxiety, Find Peace, And Feel More Free
Anxiety and fear can be very debilitating and affect all of us from time to time… sometimes for a sustained period of time.
Reading positive affirmations out loud can help remind our minds that anxiety is not a normal state. It can remind us that we can get through the day. And it reminds us that, in time, we will feel more able to cope and less anxious day-to-day.
To help reprogram your mind for peace and tranquility, try the following spiritual practice:
How To Use Affirmations To Release Anxiety In 4 Simple Steps
- Pick one of the positive affirmations below.
- Each day for 30 days, stand in front of the mirror and say that affirmation to yourself ten times.
- Whenever you feel anxious, repeat it to yourself (out loud or in your head, either way is fine).
- After 30 days, pick a different affirmation below and repeat the above steps.
Over time, your feelings of anxiety will be replaced with peace of mind and emotional freedom.
15 Positive Affirmations to Overcome Anxiety
- I’m strong and will persevere.
- I’ve survived this before and I’ll survive now.
- Every breath I inhale calms me and every breath I exhale takes away tension.
- I enjoy meeting wonderful people.
- I choose to feel calm and peaceful.
- Everything is unfolding as it should.
- I choose to thrive whenever I put my mind to something.
- I choose the meaning that I give the experiences of my life.
- I have the courage to make this a great day.
- I am feeling healthy and strong today.
- How I feel matters, and I choose to concentrate on what makes me feel good!
- I am in charge of my mind and body.
- I have the ability to feel peace and tranquility.
- Conscious breathing leads me to peace of mind and body.
- I have the power to heal myself.
The above affirmations are powerful. It can also be nice to hear the words of people who have come before us…
So below you’ll find five quotes to help you overcome fear (which is a close “relative” of anxiety”).
5 Quotes To Help You Overcome Fear
- “Faith allows things to happen. It is the power that comes from a fearless heart. And when a fearless heart believes, miracles happen.” ~ Unknown
- “A miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love.” ~ A Course In Miracles
- “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “If you come from a place of love then you are free and fear dispels itself into nothing if you live in the moment – in the present – then you don’t fear because you can let all the good, the miracles, in.” ~ Cat Forsley
- “Don’t let anybody tell you what you can do or cannot. It’s often a reflection of their own fears and blocks. It’s your journey, not theirs. Go for it and dream big!” ~ Unknown
Use the affirmations consistently, with the process outlined above, and you will see a shift in your feelings over time. If you’d like additional support with anxiety, be sure to join one of our free virtual spiritual growth classes & workshops.