Somatic Psychology Summit 2023
Would you love to be liberated from deeply ingrained fight-or-flight reactions or routine triggers…
… while simultaneously acquiring effective tools to help your clients overcome persistent emotional distress and lingering trauma?
In the continually changing realm of mental health, the integration of somatic movement, traditional cognitive trauma therapy, and mindfulness emerges as a guiding light for profound healing.
This innovative, blended approach is becoming a foundational element for trailblazers in the trauma field, encompassing psychologists, therapists, social workers, and other mental health professionals.
The 2023 Somatic Psychology Summit invites you to explore these expanding avenues of connecting to the body’s innate intelligence as a pathway to greater mental resilience, physical flexibility, and spiritual vitality — for you and your clients.
Why Attend the Somatic Psychology Summit 2023
You can think of the field of somatic psychology as an amalgam of deeply felt, self-aware movements integrated with cognitive therapy, meditation, and bodywork…
… empowering you to share insights and expertise that can help your clients heal and become whole after loss, grief, or trauma.
Of course, as a healer, you must first live the somatic experience yourself, tapping into your own innate embodied intelligence for nervous system regulation before you can safely and effectively guide clients through therapeutic processes.
During the Somatic Psychology Summit 2023 you’ll gain access to powerful techniques for internalizing your own somatic skills as you learn to dissolve blockages — for you and your clients — that can have huge long-term negative effects on health.
You'll get to learn from some of today’s most highly sought-after somatic psychology experts and teachers — including Dr. Martha Eddy, Staci K. Haines, Joshua Sylvae, PhD, Amy Weintraub, Susan Aposhyan, Maci Daye, Mukara Meredith, Rob Fisher, Christine Caldwell, PhD, Dr. Ilene Naomi Rusk, Gisele Fernandes-Osterhold, and more.
What You'll Learn During the 2023 Somatic Psychology Summit
You'll be guided through simple somatic psychology practices to move you beyond stuck energy into easeful states infused with vitality and relaxed alertness.
Somatic therapy is presented as a dynamic practice involving the restoration of fragmented or wounded parts, trauma release, and consciousness shifts. The incorporation of art and movement into therapy is highlighted as a means to update skills, providing practitioners like you with a broader and more effective toolkit.
During the Somatic Psychology Summit 2023, you’ll discover:
- You can heal trauma and come home to your embodied, authentic self by addressing the 3 most important factors that are held in the body
- How to stay grounded and connected to your own innate somatic intelligence while working with clients as a trauma therapist
- Somatic interventions like interoception, polyvagal theory, and nervous system regulation can benefit those with chronic illnesses like Alzheimer’s
- Tapping into oscillation — micro-movements throughout the body’s cells and systems — can support subtle but profound support for self-regulation and self-soothing
- And much more…
Somatic Psychology Summit 2023 – Trailer Video
Featured Speaker Topics at the 2023 Somatic Psychology Summit
The somatic psychology experts will guide you through effective modalities to share with your clients:
- Dr. Martha Eddy will explain how movement therapy affects trauma work in somatic psychotherapy.
- Staci K. Haines will discuss how somatics can bring transformative capacity to social and climate justice movements, and help heal the impacts of trauma and oppression.
- Joshua Sylvae, PhD, will look at treating trauma and distress by incorporating body awareness and sensorimotor processing.
- Amy Weintraub will demonstrate simple yoga-based interventions that can calm your mind, lift your mood, and open you to self-compassion.
- Susan Aposhyan will guide you in two key practices — one for your own embodied experience, and a second to enhance your felt sense of our global interconnectedness.
- Maci Daye will look at three typical “trance” states that diminish desire, creativity, and arousal, then show how somatic psychology can help you cultivate conditions that optimize sexual pleasure and creative expression.
- Mukara Meredith will demonstrate Hakomi therapy, a somatic-based approach designed to aid in psychological development by helping the body — through consensual touch — release internalized unconscious beliefs and thought patterns.
- Rob Fisher will share how mindfulness is a powerful tool in couples counseling, enabling you to notice and transform unconscious systems that erode connection.
- Christine Caldwell, PhD, will dive into the complexities and curiosities of a movement-centered approach to personal wellbeing and social action.
- Dr. Ilene Naomi Rusk will discuss how embodied skills can help patients who have chronic illnesses such as Alzheimer’s work with their symptoms.
- Gisele Fernandes-Osterhold will offer an overview of somatic principles and practices in psychedelic therapy, and a deeper understanding of the multidimensionality of trauma.
- And much more!
🌟 Even if you can’t attend live… 🌟
The Mary Magdalene Summit is a live event. Following the broadcast of each session, you’ll be able to watch or listen to the replay for a brief time.
Health Disclosure: The contents of this website/e-mail are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This website does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Affiliate Disclosure: We are grateful to be of service and bring you these life-changing events free of charge. In order to do this, please note that whenever you click the links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases we will receive a referral commission.
Your support in purchasing through these links makes it possible for people in over 150 countries globally to attend these live-changing events for free. Thank you! 🙂